The project starts from the Dead Sea Highway [Route 65], 7km to the south of the Hotels development area at the Dead Sea and ends at Ma’in road which connect Madaba and Ma’in Hot Spa.
It runs east [then diverts to the south east direction], climbing the mountainous difficult part of the corridor [5.5km length with difference in elevation of more than 500m], crossing some major and minor Wadis. The alignment then passes through rolling terrain heading towards Ma’in road.
The 11.6km road has 2 lanes [3.7 width] and 1.8m shoulders wide for steeped areas/both sides and 2.4m wide for other areas/both sides.
The project also includes two at-grade intersections in addition to two bridges, namely [Wadi Abu El-Asal 90m long and Wadi Al Wadi-120m long].
Consolidated Consultants was awarded for this project the Best Consultant of the Year 2003.
- Detailed Design of Roads and Bridges
- Preparation of Tender Documents
- Detailed Environmental Study
- Supervision of Construction
- Services were provided with Messrs Oriental Consultant and Yamashita Sekkei, Inc.